Rental Calculator, Conforming Limits Unchanged, DQs Fall, Home Values Increase, Regulation Good?, Government Defends Dodd-Frank, First-Time Buyers, Price To Rent Ratio, Case-Shiller, Biggest Originators, Mortgage Interest Deduction

mnc-bc-fay2

email signup          RSS News Signup          Fay Servicing          BC’s profile

————
(cool rental calculator – try it out) Altos Research RVM – Rental Valuation Model

————
(no surprise) FHFA: No change to conforming loan limits at Fannie, Freddie – Posted by kpanchuk – Housingwire 
————
Delinquency Rate Falls After Spiking in September – BY: ESTHER CHO – After suddenly jumping 7.7 percent in September, the nation’s delinquency rate fell in October, according to “first look” data from Lender Processing Services (LPS).DS News
————
October Marks 12 Months of Home Value Increases – BY: KRISTA FRANKS BROCK – … according to Zillow, which reported a 1.1 percent increase over the month. Home values were up even higher on an annual basis, climbing 4.7 percent over the year and representing the greatest increase since September 2006. … – DS News

————
Report: Increased Regulation to Boost Profitability in Coming Years – BY: TORY BARRINGER – … According to the forecast, FBR believes that “companies directly involved in mortgage banking or housing, or involved in a derivative of the two, such as homebuilders, housing rental companies, mortgage/title insurance, and reverse mortgages, should enjoy strong profitability, less volatility, and better valuations relative to historical expectations.” At the same time, portfolio lenders and private-label securitizers “will be at a strategic disadvantage.” … – The M Report 
————
Government files motion to dismiss Dodd-Frank challenges – by Daniel Purt – Bank Credit News
————
Housing Recovery Is Leaving Behind First-Time Buyers – By: Diana Olick – CNBC 
————
Out-of-sync mortgage laws create housing recovery hurdle – By Kerri Ann Panchuk – Housingwire 
————
(3 charts) Real House Prices, Price-to-Rent Ratio – by Bill McBride – Case-Shiller, CoreLogic and others report nominal house prices, and it is also useful to look at house prices in real terms (adjusted for inflation) and as a price-to-rent ratio. … Real prices, and the price-to-rent ratio, are back to late 1999 to 2000 levels depending on the index. … – Calculated Risk 
————
Case-Shiller House Price Comments and Graphs – by Bill McBride – … and the increase back in 2010 was related to the housing tax credit. Excluding the tax credit, the previous YoY increase was back in 2006. The YoY increase in September suggests that house prices probably bottomed earlier this year (the YoY change lags the turning point for prices). … – Calculated Risk 
————
Wells Fargo mortgage domination not due to higher origination volume: FBR – By Christina Mlynski – … With the financial crisis resulting in $1.3 trillion in annual mortgage origination leaving the market, smaller players are expected to be the driving forces. Over the next two years, 60% of the market under the mortgage-centric model will focus on mortgage lending to borrowers that aren’t a part of the large originators … The remaining 40% of the market will include big bank companies such as JPMorgan Chase and Wells Fargo under the economies-of-scale model, … – Housingwire

————
Mortgage Interest Deduction, Once a Sacred Cow, Is Under Scrutiny – By: Peter Eavis – The New York Times – CNBC

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s